Thursday, September 18, 2008

Three

I can't Believe I'm participating in this!!!! But I've been Tagged...so for the sake of good sportsmanship, here it goes:)


Three Joys


my faith - without this....I would be nothing.

laughter - laughing has always been such a big part of my life....thanks to my mother. I LOVE practical jokes and am a total prankster (when I have time). I have a quirky sense of humor, and I'm KNOWN for laughing at inappropriate times (yes...I'm a am a former childhood church laugher). In fact, NOBODY ever wants to sit next to me at church to this day, because THEY start laughing...when I'm being totally serious (especially these days *LOL*).


my family - I really just love down time with my family, especially the kids. Those random days where we're all hanging out or playing, are totally priceless. It's just....what life's all about. What did I ever do that was important before I had children!! I also look forward to those lazy days with the cousins and parents just laughing and chilling out.

Making Memories................





Three Fears


Absolutely, hands down, number one fear

Not fulfilling my purpose in this life

**no explanation necessary**


failure - of any kind. This fear has held me back from many, many missed opportunities, but taught me some invaluable lessons in life.

making mistakes as a mother - the most important thing I've ever done with my life is creating (with some help...) three lives. Three unique, beautiful human beings. I know I can never be perfect, and mistakes will be made.....but I want all my children to be genuinely good, caring, intelligent, successful human beings. I want them to grow up feeling loved and safe, treated equally, and fully equipped with all the tools they will ever need to make a valuable contribution to this world.



Three Obsessions


Coffee...Coffee...Coffee.... I've tried to give it up three times...

a really good glass of red wine! .....nothing else needs to be said!

keeping it real - anyone who knows me knows this already. I'm a stickler on this subject. I absolutely cringe around people who constantly put up a front. I'm as real as they come.

Three Interesting Facts

I have a motorcycle and LOVE to ride (especially with the kids).

I'm terrified of horror movies, and can't REMEMBER the last time I watched one. (I want to say high school!)


I 've been to Africa...three times!







6 comments:

JSmith5780 said...

A motorcycle?? That's great!

Danielle said...

We're like a gang or something...one w/a nose ring...one with a tattoo...and one with a bike! *grin*

Okay...and because I've never asked...where in Africa????

...danielle

labonte4 said...

Ohhh..excuse me...I've been printing out gobs of informational materials for the school because it seems NONE of them know what a seizure is *LOL*

Malawai, and Mozambique. Truth be told....I would LOVE to go back if the opportunity ever presented. It was just one of those experiences that is life changing, and I would love for my children to see life thru anothers eyes.

Danielle said...

Jonathan wants to know if you went with *Joel*? *wink wink*

...danielle

labonte4 said...

Well, apparently his wife "beats people up" and he seems to support it *LMBO* So I guess I couldn't travel w/ him after all!!

I must admit, your little sabotaging e-mail about the "plane incident" sent me in a tail spin of emotions :kidding:.

No, seriously, I still love Joel. I guess I'll never know what they went through.

I can't afford first class.

Danielle said...

I laugh every time I think about spilling the beans on Joel's wife! hehehehe!

J & I have promised if we ever do the missionary thing again...it'll be Malawi! One of our guards was Malawian...we LOVED him! Could have helped that he spoke English! lol And that J & I gave him the first Bible he'd ever owned in his life! That was an expireince that I'll never forget...

Anyway...

...danielle

About Ava

Ava Simone LaBonte was born December 1, 2005, a healthy baby. She was a happy, healthy, normal baby until six months old, when we noticed some odd movements, which we thought were exagerated startles. Ava had her first EEG at 6 months, and it was normal. Six weeks following the EEG, Ava began having head drops....and we knew this time, something would show up.

At 8 months old, Ava was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms, a rare form of epilepsy. She was treated immediately with a 4 week course of ACTH. Ava spent 6 weeks "seizure free". All of Ava's MRI's, CT's, and blood tests have been "normal".

On November 20, 2006, Ava had a grand mal seizure which could not be stopped, and she was put in a drug induced coma. We left the hospital on antiepileptic medication, and have been on medication ever since. Ava is currently diagnosed with Generalized Epilepsy.


So far we've tried the following medications: ACTH, Trileptal, Keppra, B-6, Depakote, Carnitor, and currently on the Ketogenic Diet.